Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the RFSoC 2x2 kit intended for?
- The RFSoC 2x2 is primarily intended for academic users, and currently only available to verified academics.
What comes with the board?
- Power supply - add details
- 2 x 30 cm SMA cables
- SD card with PYNQ-RFSoC image pre-loaded
- Micro USB 3.0 composite cable
What open source material is supplied with the RFSoC 2x2
How does the RFSoC 2x2 compare with the Xilinx® Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC ZCU111 development board
- RFSoC 2x2 is only available for academia
- RFSoC 2x2 is available at a much lower cost for academia than the ZCU111
- RFSoC 2x2 has 2 ADC and 2 DAC SMA ports (all 8x ADC and 8x DAC are available on the ZCU111 via various connectors)
- The DAC and ADC SMA ports are single-ended on the RFSoC 2x2 (rather than differential on the ZCU111)
Can commercial customers buy the board?
Are there plans to make it available to commercial customers?
Which RFSoC device is on the board?
- The Gen1 RFSoC XCZU28DR part. This part has 8x ADC and 8x DAC. 2x ADCs and 2x DACs are connected to SMAs on the board. The other ADCs and DACs on the RFSoC device are not available.
Is a Gen 3 board planned?
- That is currently being evaluated